Thursday, July 17, 2008

a found poem I found

Without really paying attention, I picked up few flyers, packets etc. from the SUB hoping one of these would provide me with the content for a decent found poem. I looked over what I had collected a little later on in the day, and decided on a pamphlet titled "The Network of Spiritual Progressives."  I think it's having something to do with a branch of the campus ministry and what not, but the words in some of the articles seemed promising and even potentially poetic.  I narrowed it down to allow myself only the material from a small,  two paragraph section called "Rejecting Cynical Realism."  It took a little while to come up with anything very appealing, but after a lot of reorganizing, I sort of went with a theme along the lines of good vs. evil, or optimism & pessimism.  And so I created my first found poem.


To Live like...

Accepted:
A selfish world of
Deteriorating hope,
Small cynical vision
Dog-eat-dog fantasies
Dominant inequalities
Pursuit of poverty 
Motives of hunger and 
Uncaring people,

To Seek:
Generosity and goodness
A world based on love
Celebration of Compassion
A pursuit of centeredness to 
Protect ourselves,
People will advance
To have justice and 
Accommodate transformation,

We have a choice.


  

No comments: